Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Lord's Faithfulness on Display!

It has been altogether way to long since my last update! We've moved into a new decade, and I've started a new season of life here at IHOP-KC. I had just finished up 9 months of life on Nightwatch schedule last time I checked in, and much has been happening in life since then.

Looking back at the past 9 months of Nightwatch here at the International House of Prayer, I realize it was the Lord's perfect leadership in my life to prepare me for the next stage of my time here. The Nightwatch schedule I think really put me in route to live a lifestlye of dedication to the place of prayer, and really forming in me a desire to find my identity in the Lord.

There hasn't been any other underlined theme in my life lately other than placing myself daily before the Lord and confessing my identity and success I have in Him as a son. Resting in knowledge of knowing that my Father in heaven is so pleased with me and so proud of me for choosing to love Him in return. My primary calling in this life is to be in communion with Him on a daily basis.

Just this past week at one of our Sunday evening services I was talking to the Lord during worship. The reality of the fact of how much more committed to me He was, verses my commitment to Him. He is Faithful in His commitment to me even when I fail in my commitments to Him. As I was just talking to Him about how thankful I was for this fact, He just whispered back to me, "Isaac, I want to do life with you!" How refreshing it was for me to hear, more than my daily plans of spending time with Him in the morning, or going to the weekend services, or learning about Him in classes. He was actually genuinely interested in every other area of my life. My time throughout the day when I'm going from class to class. When I'm at the grocery store, when I'm at home cleaning the house, He is interested in talking to me in those places and finding a friend that would commune with His heart!

There has been some new developing areas of opportunity opening up for me this summer. I am planning on for sure returning to Phoenix to be a counselor again at the kids camp that I've participated in the last 2 years. Something that has just recently come up in the last couple months is an opportunity to go to Sierra Leone in western Africa for a three week trip in late June. I've really been asking the Lord if this is something I'm supposed to do this summer. I think it would be an incredible opportunity, but there are many logistical things that would need to line up for this to happen. The primary work I would be doing is working with a private non-profit group that is going to help establish an orphanage. I would be going to document and photograph the children as well as the facilities for supporters back here in the states to get a vision for what this group is trying to establish in Sierra Leone. On top of the full time photography work, I would be helping establish a soccer league structure for the community there. I am really excited for this potential trip, and as of right now am planning on going, but again, there will be quite a few things that need to line up in the next month for me to be on a plan to Africa in June!

The Lord has continued to be so faithful as I've been here in Kansas City serving at the International House of Prayer. I've been enrolled in the school here full time since January, as well as being involved full time as an intercessor missionary, I've had quite the busy schedule lately. My time commitments as an intercessor missionary and full time student are about 50 hours a week right now. So, not leaving much time for anything else on a weekly basis, it has taught me ow to be very good at time management and staying on top of things! I'm praying that the Lord would provide a car in the next couple months so that I can be working somewhere to create an income. I am in need of some supernatural finances on a monthly basis right now, and the Lord has been meeting this needs without exception monthly!

This next week will be 1 year that I have been in Kansas City, I can hardly believe how fast time has flown by! I am so blessed to be at a place like the International House of Prayer! Over any other school or scholarship I could have chosen, I am ultimately glad that I came here with no remorse over the decision! I know that the leading of the Holy Spirit has brought me to exactly the place I am supposed to be!

I am making a priority to be more adamant about keeping this updated with what I'm up to. I head to Boston next week to minister on different college campuses in the Ivy league schools. I'll make sure to let you know how that time goes.

Strength and Honor,
Grace and Peace.

Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment