Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Starting Afresh!

Well, today I start a new semester with IHOPU (International House of Prayer University). In the school of Forerunner Music Academy I am so excited to spend the next 5 months being stretched and pulled in new ways. It's a very exciting/scary/busy time! Being in the classroom environment once again it's exciting to be learning new material and expanded my musical abilities. Definitely scary in that there is a new level of responsibility of leadership and uncertainty in finances. As my schedule this semester is once again about 50 hours a week of just IHOPU responsibility. Being a full time student as well as intercessor, it keeps me locked in! But that is the one aspect of the school that I wouldn't trade for any other school in the world! A school that actually requires you as a part of your grade to sit in the prayer room 24 hours a week in prayer talking to the Lord. Asking the one who wrote the Word about His words. I think it's the best way to study there is =) Another aspect of the music school that I love so much is that they place you on different worship teams within your class, playing 8 hours a week in a student led prayer room. So I just found out that I was selected to be the worship leader for our team. Again, the scary aspect of a new realm of responsibility. I'll be leading 2 of our 4 sets a week, each set is 2 hours long! I am really excited to take this role humbly and look to learn as much as I can in this season of serving my team.

In other news I am continuing to train for the Kansas City marathon. (Yes, all 26.2 miles of a marathon) This being my first it's for sure a new level of training and intensity in workouts! Being as busy as I am with school, I thought this would be such a great way to fill my spare 3 hours a day. Just Kidding. The marathon is October 16th, so after that it will be somewhat of a relief on my schedule freeing up a little time. Along with this marathon I just recently decided to help raise awareness for multiple myeloma (a type of blood cancer) that my high school kicking coach was diagnosed with 2 years ago. He is very young and has a wife and 3 kids. He is very far along in the treatment process, and is really fighting hard to kick this thing. He kicked for the University of Michigan for 4 years, including a game winning field goal against Washington!
So I'll keep you posted in the next week or so in any ways you would be able to help. I have a fundraiser goal of at least $1,000. Which I'm expecting to far exceed!

One final thing is that I have been so blessed to see the Lord's faithfulness and provision operating in my life actively lately! I wasn't planning on doing school up until a couple weeks ago when a friend of mine out of nowhere decided to bless me with $1,600 towards school. So that was so incredible as it was right on time! I'm still in need of another $900 to pay for the rest of my tuition this semester, but I am fully believing the Lord for His provision in His perfect timing. If any of you would be interested in supporting me on a monthly basis and partnering with me financially, I am going to be in a place in the next couple months where I am not sure where any of the provision is going to come from. I am trusting the Lord as He as always provided for my every need, every time! There's never been a time where I've gone hungry, and I know this is the pace that I am supposed to be, so I trust my good Father to continue providing for all my needs! "Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?" Matthew 6.25 Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing. I love that. He's Good. All the time. End of Story.

Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment