Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Explaining

The past couple of weeks has been a flurry, so much that the Lord has brought to the forefront of my heart, yet I feel like I have had so little time to actually process these heart movements.

A couple of weeks ago our community at the House of Prayer was challenged by a word that John Mulinde shared with us concerning living rightly before a Holy God who sees and knows every thought and intent of our heart.
After hearing John's message, my heart was troubled with areas of my life that I had left untouched. I was uneasy about areas of my life that I had simply become ok with letting them be stagnant. Our God is a jealous God, He desires all of my heart and affections. The encouraging side of John's message was that I felt as though in the last year of my life I have been in the process of aligning my heart and mind in such a way that all my thoughts and intents would come into alignment with His. Easier said then done, but I want to be made completely His. As John touched on, this is a way of living, not a one time encounter or repentance session.

In my own heart the Lord brought to the surface areas of seeking the approval of men and building up my own name. Facebook is stealing the identity of this generation. I was building a name for myself, and virtually creating my own kingdom on facebook. Though I wouldn't spend long periods of time on there, it was always something in the back of my mind, looking to post that next thing that would bring more attention or approval to myself. It was becoming an idol before the Lord, so, it had to go. Nothing should stand between me and my relationship with the Lord. If anything starts consuming my heart or mind more than the amount of time I spend thinking about Jesus, the one I love, then it has taken the place of God in my life.

So, I'm now venturing out into life facebookless. It's been about a week and a half since I deleted it, and I feel more and more free with each day, SERIOUSLY! Love you people.

Isaac

1 comment:

  1. Bro, I was wondering about that. I love it! I love your heart and that you are doing what is hard for many to do. I love your reasoning for it. Espesh that it's about your relationship with Jesus, not just the latest trend.

    Thanks for posting this. It was very encouraging in a number of ways.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete