Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Brotherhood


I've been dreading this day for quite some time now, the very thought I have had to continually suppress for the last month of the internship.  But the thing about time is it never stops passing us by, and it never waits for us.  A reflection of so many good memories fly through my mind, how I really wish that they wouldn't have to be past memories, but ones that will continue on for months and months to come.  Upon coming to IHOP for this internship I was praying that the Lord would bless me with a brother in Christ.  How very important I knew it was going to be for me to connect with someone on a daily basis as I pressed in on this race.  To have a training partner.  Someone who would provoke me in many aspects of my walk with Christ.  How the Lord blew my mind when I met Mark.  I seriously could not believe how in so many areas the Lord heard my cry and answered my prayer so specifically!  I've written quite a few times in the past about how me and Mark have interacted as brothers, but truly, this man is family!  As I watch him pursue the Lord, my own faith is provoked to pursue perfection.  (Matthew 5:48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly father is perfect.)  This pursuit, is so vital to our survival as maturing believers.  I've never been in love, but I think I am now truly coming to a true understanding as to what it means to "be devoted to one another in brotherly love.  Honor one another above yourselves." Romans 12:10 My heart pains for the things Marks heart breaks over.  I want to able to be that older brother (even though I'm younger) and shelter protection over him from the enemies attacks!  To fight in a warfare of prayer over my brothers soul!  As painful as this will be for him to leave today, I know that the Lord is doing great and marvelous things in his heart.  The Lord's ultimate plan and purpose be carried out.  What a true blessing this short 3 months has been.  To terry and fight in night and day prayer together!  To persevere through spiritual attacks, and to run this race as hard and best we know how.  Mark, you are a man of God, and you are after the Lord's intentions.  Continue to walk in the power the God has bestowed upon you.  You will be a warrior of justice for the widow and orphan.  So, "The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace." Numbers 6:24-26  Love you brother.

Strength & Honor,
Grace & Peace,
in all you do.

Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment