Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Mountain Adventures [Mt. Shavano, CO]

This last week I had the privilege of peaking a 'fourteener' as they refer to it here in the rockies.  A beautiful hike through the San Isabel national forest, I spent 4 days on the trail with cadets from all over the U.S.  Every time I get to go out on our 4 day treks I so appreciate the time spent in the wilderness, getting to talk to the Lord in His creation.




On the 4 day trek I led a group of 2 brothers and their dad up the mountain.  I had a blast getting to spend the week with these guys in the Lord's creation, getting to talk about life and future plans.  I have come to love my 'job' out here in Colorado.  I can't believe that I get to do this the whole summer, hike, and talk to military cadets about loving Jesus with all of their heart!  This past week I had countless conversations with different guys about living wholehearted before the Lord, and how it's possible to walk out the first commandment!  I've formed a few friendships along the way, a few more connections with people from all over.  I feel as though everyday I have a heightened ability to connect with the Lord, being here in His creation, and just being 'closer' to Him at 9,000 feet.  I know that this time is forming some very key experiences for my heart to draw from in future years.





Love it here.  More to come.

Grace & Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment