Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I'm in Colorado, I'm rock climbing, and I think I might DIE! [Buena Vist, CO]

Here's an entry from my digital journal.  I didn't have time to write a specific entry for this blog.  The pics were from a rescue training session we did today.  I'll update again when I can, my internet time is limited these days =]



[May 17, 2011] Today was the first day that we got out to the cliff face to set up our systems for repelling and climbing.  It was a nice little hike up to the area where we could actually set our anchors.  Got to feel how out of shape I was with my pack on carrying maybe only 20 pounds of gear.   It was nice to finally get up in the mountains and start putting into practice the different knots and climbing systems that we have been learning the last couple of days.  The repelling system made sense finally as I could see it laid out.  I got to go over the cliff first and repel down a good 60 feet, for my first time repelling, I really enjoyed it.  I’ve really enjoyed my time out here so far.  

Yesterday I had the day off, and discovered the little prayer chapel.  I spent a good 2-3 hours in there alone, reading the word, some books, praying, and talking with family.  It’s such a peaceful spot to go and spend some time alone with the Lord.  I think it is quickly becoming my favorite spot out here in the mountains.  There is a little wood burning stove in the chapel to heat the small 15 by 20 room.  A couple quaint pew’s, a well made rocking chair in the corner, in front of a letter desk.  I think that I would really like to spend some evenings in there writing letters, and journalling, and maybe some songs.  Seems like my heart has been missing my friend Jesus a lot more lately.  

It has seemed like the more and more I become disconnected with all of the business of what I have been dong the last 8 months, the more my heart feels at rest.  My heart has been at peace here in the mountains, though so far away from my comfort zone, I am finding comfort in the place of fellowship with my Lord.  I know that this part of the journey has been so ordained by the Lord’s leading.  He has brought me to the wilderness so that I might come up leaning.  So far, that has been my number one concern each day, how much time can I steal away to get before the Lord.  I have become aware of how quickly I put on a mask, to cover and hide the deep things of my heart.  I haven’t been able to truly be myself before others because I have been more concerned about what they think, instead of what my Father’s opinion is.  I don’t want my heart to be gripped in a man pleasing spirit of living before man, but before the eyes of the Lord only.  How do I set a standard and refrain from engaging in different conversations or activities.  There is no balance.  There is black and white.  Am I compromising or tip-toeing on that line?  I want to run from wickedness, I have to kill pride, I have to go to the lowest place. I want to serve the people I’m around this summer and bring them into encounter with the man Jesus.  I don’t want to be a hinderance to that process.




No comments:

Post a Comment