Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Life of a Mountain man [Buena Vista, CO]

I've now been in Colorado a little over a week and a half, my time here so far has been so busy that I haven't had much time to spend alone with my good friend Jesus, let alone stay caught up with all my 'people' that I love so much.  Life is definitely a whirlwind at the moment.  Busy going from one training session to the next.  It's been quite alot of fun to be getting all of this training, I've been absorbing quite a bit of new information over the past week.
We've spend the most amount of time on learning all the different rock climbing and repelling systems.  Getting all the knots down, all the protocols for climbing and being anchored in to something, how to tie students in, how to rescue a student in case they get stuck.  Attention to detail I'm learning is one of the most important things as a instructor and guide.  The safety and lives of students depend on making sure that everything is 100% correct 100% of the time.

Mike Displaying proper technique for clipping into your harness.

This is my face(s) for getting ready to go out and spend a day on the rocks.

Though people may not be able to perceive this, I do miss my family quite a lot, that has been probably one of the hardest parts so far about being out here in this wilderness paradise.  NO FAMILY!  My desktop background is currently as follows.


Though this time away from family and familiar environments is hard, I feel like this summer is the training grounds which is moving me from boyhood to manhood.  I feel a maturing taking place in my heart as I continue to plow ground.  There is a reality of now plowing ground for myself as Isaac Mark Smith.  I am laying the foundations in these years that the rest of my life will be built upon.  What are going to be the founding principles of my life, my household.  No one can make these decisions for me, as well no one else can walk these values out for me.  I get to dream with the Lord and press into however much of Him that my flesh can take.  Narrow is the gate, difficult is the way, and few are those who find it.  How far will He let me go, how abandoned will He let me be.  I want to be dependent on the words of one man alone.  Truly His opinion is the only one that matters.

Until I get wireless internet again...I remain...

Mountain man.

No comments:

Post a Comment