Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Pushed into Leaning

There hasn't been to many transitional seasons in my life, I'm not sure if I would even consider this summer to be the Lord moving me into a new 'season'.  Maybe just a mid-season hiccup.  All my stuff is packed as I am getting ready for a summer that will be different than most I'm used to.  In just a few days I will be flying home to Michigan to see my family for a week.  Upon returning to Kansas City I will have two quick days to repack and get ready for a summer spent in the mountains of Colorado.

For the past two years I have lived in KC, the longest time I have spent away from this place was a month back in the summer of 2009.  When I moved here, I don't think I knew that I would be moving here more or less permanently.  When I finished my internship I moved into a house with 5 other guys, called the 'Refuge House.'

Left to Right: Me, Jay, Micah, Kris (the owner of the House), Josh
Jay, Micah, Kris, and I have been together for the past year and a half in the house.  I've had alot of fun getting to know these guys.  Basically, we had fun pretty much all the time when anyone was home.  The refuge house really has felt like home here in Kansas City, it's going to feel really odd to be back in Kansas City and not coming home to these guys.

As for where I will live come fall, I have no clue.  There are so many things that are out of my control at the current moment of life.  My heart is to find a place with fewer guys, a little slower pace, and would prefer to have the guys going to IHOPU.  Life here at the House of Prayer is really busy, really fast pace, so it's important that when you walk in where ever you are living that you are able to enter into true rest.

I think also having grown up in a big family, going straight into internship life, then coming to a house with 4 roommates, I'm ready for a little break.  I need a little smaller crowd for home life.

Truly my heart will miss these guys.

So today, I officially feel like my summer is starting, as I take this first step of trusting the Lord.  I know this summer is about leaning for me.  Leaning into leadership that is unseen.  Learning to hear His voice and trust Him at His word.  I feel the pressures on my heart already to abandon ship, to neglect the voice of the Lord because of the tensions my heart will endure through the uncertainty.  Truly, He must increase, I must decrease.

"The boundary lines have fallen in pleasant places."

Isaac

1 comment:

  1. I write and maintain a spiritual blog which I have titled “AccordingtotheBook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it.

    ReplyDelete