Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Pretty Crazy Really


I found myself laying on my bed last night, errr, this morning rather, thinking about what an incredible month and a half it has been so far here in Kansas City. Everytime I get the chance to share with someone how I got here, and why I chose to be here rather than anywhere else, it just stirs my heart in remembrance of why I truly am here. How weird, obscure, and abnormal this must look to everyone around me. "Ok, you went to Kansas City to do what now?" How weird people must think I am to give up everything, move to Kansas City, away from family and friends, to sit in a room with 150 other people from midnight to 6 a.m everynight and pray. Once again, why? I'm so glad that I can answer that question with a confident and shameless, "Because the creator of the world has chosen to call me by name and is interested in me. How could I say no!" I really believe that what is going on here at the International House of Prayer will play a huge part in the end time harvest of believers. God is going to honor every commitment from people that gave up luxuries of life to live here on a non-existent salary praying 30-50 hours a week! Another aspect of this community that I have loved since the moment of arriving here is just the warmness and friendship of it all. Walking down the sidewalk to see someone sitting at a picnic table totally lost in the presence of the Lord as they sit there playing their guitar and singing at the top of their voice (which sounds terrible) but they don't give a hoot because they are doing it unto the Lord! How many times a week I still hear, "Where are you from? Oh cool why'd you come here?" As that question does get a little old, the part where I get to share how incredible God was in His faithfulness to getting me here, I still enjoy telling.

Something else that has birthed out of being here is this awesome partnership with my brother Mark. I have shared about him in entries past, but the more time I get to spend with him, and the more we get to encourage and rebuke one another in the Lord. The more I want to just spend every-minute of every-day with him! I was sitting on my bed last night as well thinking about an unfortunate event that will happen in a month and a half when we part ways and say, "Until the next time our God makes our paths cross!" How my heart ached at the thought of this. Now truly, I've never been in a relationship with a woman, but, truly this most be a part of the feeling of loving someone. As we share a passion in the Lord so deeply, and both have such an earnest desire to commit all we have and more for the purpose of the Lord, my heart screams, "You can't ever let this guy leave!" But the Lord's leadership and timing is perfect in everything. So I trust that this season that me and Mark share together will be exactly what we needed, for the exact right amount of time. But the thought right now truly is unbearable. So Mark, I say what a blessing to my heart, and encouragement to my faith you are! God is using you and will continue to use you, in great and marvelous ways beyond what you or me could ever imagine!

Strength & Honor,
Grace & Peace.

Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment